By Stephen P. Schwartz
- Features assurance of all of the significant topic components and figures in analytic philosophy - together with Wittgenstein, Bertrand Russell, G.E. Moore, Gottlob Frege, Carnap, Quine, Davidson, Kripke, Putnam, and plenty of others
- Contains explanatory historical past fabric to aid clarify technical philosophical concepts
- Includes listings of steered additional readings
- Written in a transparent, direct sort that presupposes little past wisdom of philosophy
Read Online or Download A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls PDF
Similar philosophical movements books
Considering via Kierkegaard is a severe overview of SÃ¸ren Kierkegaard's imaginative and prescient of the normatively human, of who we're and may aspire to develop into, and of what Mehl calls our existential identification. via a pragmatist exam of 3 of Kierkegaard's key pseudonymous "voices" (Judge William, Climacus, and Anti-Climacus), Peter J.
Max Stirner used to be some of the most very important and seminal thinkers of the mid-nineteenth century. He uncovered the religiosity in the back of secular humanism and rationalism, and the domination of the person in the back of liberal modes of politics. This edited assortment explores Stirner's radical and modern value as a political theorist.
For far of the final 3 many years or extra financial technique has been ruled through the paintings of Karl Popper who encouraged the place that technology is what it really is via advantage of its adherence to yes beliefs. The method of technological know-how is accordingly now not empirical or descriptive, yet quite a collection of principles for generating `rational' or `objective' wisdom.
This e-book uncovers the philosophical foundations of a convention of moral socialism most sensible represented within the paintings of R. H. Tawney, tracing its roots again to the paintings of T. H. eco-friendly. eco-friendly and his colleagues constructed a philosophy that defied the atomistic individualism and empiricist assumptions that underpinned classical liberalism and helped to chanced on a brand new political ideology established round 4 notions: the typical sturdy; a favorable view of freedom; equality of chance; and an improved position for the kingdom.
- Scheler's Phenomenology of Community
- Meanings of Pain
- Conversations with Husserl and Fink (Phaenomenologica)
- Paul Ricoeur's Pedagogy of Pardon: A Narrative Theory of Memory and Forgetting
Additional resources for A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls
A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls by Stephen P. Schwartz